Between International Congresses, at which the International Council meets, the IALC is governed by an executive group, the International Central Bureau.
The International Central Bureau is composed of:
- The International President
- The International Vice-President – northern hemisphere
- The International Vice-President – southern hemisphere
- The International Secretary
- The International Treasurer
- The Presidents of all national Federations
The International Central Bureau maintains regular contact with all national Federations and is responsible for acting as the IALC Statutes prescribe.